Due to the ongoing corona virus pandemic the public libraries in Hamar are closed at least until sunday september 6th. More information will follow.
If you have books or other materials you need to return to the library, use the automated return machine in Morterudsgate, behind the library. In the Vang Department you can return by using the return box by the main door.
Opening hours Main library in Hamar Kulturhus
Vang department Unfortunately, the libraries are not self-service until further notice. Hamar library - served opening hours Hamar library is now a self-serviced library. Now you can use the library from 6 am until 10 pm every day. On the first floor counter, you can sign the contract to get your library card updated.
Then you can let yourself in with your library card and PIN-code.
Hamar library Vang department
Phone: 0047 62 56 18 00
Hamar library Vang department
Phone: 0047 62 56 18 25
- www.hamar.folkebibl.no - Online you may search the catalogue, renew your loans, reserve a title and check your details.
- Link to our cellphone application.
- http://hedmark.samsok.no: Here you may search all the library catalogues in Hedmark at the same time.
Borrowing regulations forthe public libraries in Hedmark:
- It is free of charge to borrow from the library.
- You may borrow at any public library in Hedmark, and return the items where it suits you the best.
- If the library you visit, does not have the particular item you require, you may ask the library to obtain it from another library.
- It is compulsory to have a library card. You may have one issued which can be used in most of the Norwegian libraries.
- The library card is personal, and it should not be left to anyone else. You are responsible for all items borrowed with your card.
- By loss or theft of your library card, a new one will be issued, usually in payment of a small fee.
- Notify the library whenever name, address, phone number or email-address is changed.
- Normally, you may borrow items for four weeks. Some items may be borrowed for a shorter or longer period.
- Loans can usually be prolonged. This may be done either online, by mail or phone, or by calling at your library.
- Overdue charges may be claimed on items not delivered on returning date. Lost or damaged items must be compensated for.
- Breach of these rules, may cause loss of borrowing rights.
You may borrow our items for 4 weeks. Excepted are
- Videos/dvd 1 week
- Language courses 8 weeks
- CDs from the music department 2 weeks
It is possible to renew a loan provided that the item has not been reserved for any other library user.
New library card
- By loss or theft of your library card, a replacement card can be issued in payment of a fee of 20 NOK.
There is a charge if you return items to the library late. The overdue charges are as follows:
- First reminder NOK 40
- Second reminder NOK 70
- After second reminder, invoice will be sent.
- When charges amount to NOK 100, the right to further loans is lost.
Lost or damaged items must be compensated according to the library’s rules. In case of no return or payment, the demand will be handed over for debt collection.